Jacob Sisson – Worship Leader and Organist
Jacob Sisson has served in worship ministry for over 20 years in central Arkansas. He came to the church staff of All Souls in June 2018 to serve as organist and lead worship leader for all church services. Jacob’s passion is to use his musical talent and spiritual gifts to facilitate worship and serving within and outside the church. He is a graduate of the University of Central Arkansas receiving both his Bachelors of Science in Middle Level Education and Master’s in Advanced Studies in Teaching and Learning. He has worked in public school education for over 13 years, and currently serves as the central Arkansas Math Specialist with the University of Central Arkansas STEM Institute in partnership with the Arkansas Department of Education. His favorite Bible verse is Romans 8:38-39, “For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
Shannon Armand – Children’s Director
Shannon joined the church staff as All Souls’ Children’s Director in November, 2012. She is originally from Little Rock, and graduated from Greenbrier High School in 1996 Where she became certified in their Childcare Assistant Program. Since a young age, Shannon has always had a passion for children and now dedicates her time to helping them learn about God and serve Him. She married her husband Brian in 2002 and they have two teenage sons, Nathaniel and Ashton. In her free time she enjoys being with her family and her dogs, gardening and traveling.
YOUTH DIRECTOR OPENING
All Souls is looking to hire a youth director. If you are interested in the position, please contact Kim James at 501-804-6420 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Youth Director
Position Purpose: To develop, direct and lead the youth program for 6th through 12th grade. The position shall seek to foster Christian relationships, commitment to the church and a ministry that provides a process for becoming a fully committed follower of Jesus Christ.
Responsibilities: Subject to review and adjustment in conjunction with the Pastor. The following are the major responsibilities of the Youth Director.
- The Director will develop and lead Youth church during the Sunday worship hour for 6th through 12th grade.
- The Director will maintain visibility and oversee the Jr. High and Sr. High classes and teachers during Sunday School.
- The Director will establish a youth ministry team to help oversee the ministry; recruit and train team members.
- The Director will plan and implement age appropriate activities.
- The Youth Director and the Children’s Director will co-lead and implement church wide events such as Easter Egg Hunt, Vacation Bible School, Trunk or Treat and Christmas Caroling.
- The director will support and encourage youth participation at the annual Brookhill or High Point summer church camp.
- The Director will notify the supervising pastor prior to all absences and provide a suitable substitute in case of anticipated absence.
- The Director will develop relationships with parents of involved children to provide encouragement and support of the ministry.
- The Director will work under the direction of the Church Pastor, communicate regularly with the Christian Education Committee and provide an annual report to the Board of Directors.
- The Director should be available on Sundays and Wednesday nights.
- The Director will organize, plan and implement a youth outreach program.
- The Director will have an appreciation for Christian music and have a willingness to incorporate music and other multimedia into programs planned for and written by youth.
- The Director will organize, plan and facilitate regularly scheduled youth meetings, encourage and assist the youth in preparing devotions for general assembly, VBS, etc.
- The Director will assist the youth in coordinating designated Sunday services.
- The Director will oversee the recruitment and training of adult volunteers to work with the children.
- The Director will submit an annual budget request to the Christian Education committee every October.
- The Director will coordinate fund raising events to offset the cost of summer camp or other youth department needs.
- The Director will keep the congregation informed of youth events by coordinating the publicity of youth activities through the appropriate vehicles provided by the church (quarterly newsletter, special mailings, posters, bulletin announcements, website, Facebook, sign on highway or posting to bulletin board in hallway)
- The Director will meet regularly with the supervising pastor as needed at a time mutually agreed upon.
- The Director will refer prospective families for membership and unusual circumstances where follow-up is desirable to the supervising pastor.
- Commitment to Jesus Christ with a clear understanding of Christian faith.
- Outgoing personality and ability to work well with youth and adults.
- High organization skills.
- Understanding of and the commitment to the Christian education.
- Agree to background check.